ECCE QUAM BONUM

Thoughts on how good a completely ordinary life can be.

Friday, February 25, 2011

If you want to hear God laugh...

Somehow, I always fall into the error of thinking I have more than a tiny amount of control over my life and its direction. I can stay with that train of thought for a very long time too.

And then, yet again, something happens that changes everything and I realize all I did was walk through a door that the Lord God Almighty had set directly in my path.

And now, after two years of applying for job after job after job, most of them very much like the one I now have gotten, I have one I'm loving with people who seem nice, interesting and who don't appear to live on gossip. Time will tell about all that, but oh! is it wonderful to be doing something I really like again, and getting paid to do it.

I have no idea why this time I was offered a job and all those other attempts produced absolutely nothing, but the difference was obvious from the time I walked in for the first interview.

No comments: